Project Manager (50%)
- Publish Date
- End Date
- Job Places
Expertoffer by GIZ
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaftfür Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis.Formoreinformationsee: www.giz.de.
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
offers the part-time vacancy for a:
Project Manager (50%)
The Open Regional Fund Foreign Trade Promotion (ORF FT) aims to improve framework conditions for trade
inSouth-East Europe (SEE) in line with the requirements of the EU approximation process. The ORF FT is implemented through sub-projects with partners from three or more countries from the SEE region. The sub-projects are aimed at eliminating barriers to trade, improving trade procedures on the national level, strengthening institutional capacities for implementing trade-relevant regional agreements (Central European Free Trade Agreement, CEFTA and Stabilization and Association Agreements) and improving services for trading businesses.
Further information on the program, which has been ongoing with financing from the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) since 2007, can be found at https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/20321.html and https://www.giz.de/expertise/html/4710.html. At the beginning of 2017, the ORF FT acquired co-financing from the European Union for a period of 3 years and therefore runs until the beginning of 2020. The EU-financed project“Support to Facilitation of Trade between CEFTA Parties” forms part of the ORF FT and focuses on 3 areas and one horizontal component:
- Component 0: Horizontal support and private sector involvement
- Component 1: Harmonisation of norms and practices for the elimination of non-tariff barriers in regional trade
- Component 2: Streamlining of document and data submission requirements in regional trade
- Component 3: Simplification of customs clearance procedures; Focus: establishment of a regional Authorized Economic Operators program
The candidate is expected to fulfil tasks within the EU project as well as the BMZ-financed “core fund” of the ORF FT with its sub-projects.
Overall Purpose of Post
- Contribute to the design of sub-projects of the ORF FT and their implementation under the supervision of the sub-project manager
- Successfully implement activities of the ORF sub-projects and project activities of the EU project in Kosovo
- Provide technical advisory to project partners on trade promotion and facilitation, as well as customs matters
- Contribute to the strategic development of the ORF FT
Main Task and Responsibilities:
- Implement sub-project activities of the ORF FT and the EU component in Kosovo:coordinate all necessary activities with project partners and ORF colleagues in the other SEE countries in accordance with the project conceptual approach, goals and activities and under supervision of other SP managers.
- Ensure transparent and excellent communication with direct project partners and other stakeholders in the field
- Provide professional advice to partners on trade- and customs-related topics
- Background research on trade-related topics relevant for the successful implementation of the fund’s activities
- Actively contribute to the further strategic development of the fund and the elaboration of new SP: evaluate different strategic options, develop concept papers, elaborate ToR, find suitable consultants etc.
- Contribute to operational planning
- Contribute to financial planning and monitoring
- Contribute to the program’s monitoring and evaluation and knowledge management systems
- Technical and quality management and supervision of local and international experts (drafting ToR, commenting expert reports etc.)
- Support to the other SPM and fund manager in drafting (progress) reports
Qualifications and experience sought
- Degree in a subject related to the objectives of the project/programme (preferablymaster’s degree or equivalent ineconomics);
- At least five years of professional experience in a similar work context including project management;
- Technical knowledge of trade agreements, trade policies and trade facilitation measures,good overview of the economic and business environment of the SEE countries;
- Practical work experience in trade promotion and facilitation with a strong focus on the Central European Free Trade Agreement;
- Familiarity with private sector engagement and advocacy; experience in structuring public-private dialogues;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English; preferably also very good Bosnian/Serbian/Croatian; German is an asset;
- Very good computer skills,
- Experience in presentation techniques and independent moderation of workshops;
- Innovative and constructive thinking;
- Excellent organisational and management skills;
- Highly committed to work in a regional, multi-national team;
- Willingness to travel within the region.
- The office isbased in Pristina. Frequent travels are expected.
GIZ encourages candidates form ethnic minorities and female candidates to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English consisting of a letter of motivation and CV in the format: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae/templates-instructionsto email@example.com. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Subject of the email:Application for“Project Manager, ORF Foreign Trade Promotion”
Deadline for the application:07.05.2017