- Publish Date
- End Date
- Job Places
Job offer by GIZ
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis.
The GIZ project, “Creating Employment through Export Promotion –CETEP”enables micro, small and medium enterprises in employment relevant sectors to make use of the potentials of international markets. Theproject organizes into interventions along the needs of the private sector in sectors such as Agriculture, ICT and Manufacturing, by utilizing four fields of action. These are: business-related information, market-oriented business services, product and process innovations, and export promotion.Starting in 2018, The GIZ CETEP project shall manage the transition period of the KFOR camp in Prizren into functionally operating Kosovan-German Innovation, Technology, and Trainings Park in Prizren.
The GIZ CETEP projectis seeking to fill the position of an:
Overseeing the activities of the Opportunity fund (50%) and Kosovan-German Innovation, Technology, and Trainings Park in Prizren (50%)
Overall purpose of the assignment
TheAdvisor will support the GIZ project “Creating Employment through Export Promotion” in implementation of the project activities and fulfill daily tasks delegated by the CETEP manager. More specifically, the advisor shall manage the activities of the OpportunityFund (50%) and Kosovan-German Innovation, Technology, and Trainings Park in Prizren (50%)
The advisor is responsible for:
Opportunity Fund (50%)
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of project activities with regard to the product and process innovation
- Act as a liaison/coordinator between the project implementation unit and the Opportunity Fund steering committee (ministries, government agencies, academia, sector associations, companies)
- Support the steering committee as secretariat for all administrative procedures
- Actively participate and contribute to the Opportunity Fund steering committee meeting in terms of planning of the OpportunityFund activities
- Work closely with the supervisors to design ToR’s and criteria’s for Opportunity Fund application and awarding
- Create templates for proposal development and review and performance monitoring of Opportunity Fund activities
- Coordinate the development of evaluation criteria and screening procedures for OpportunityFund proposals
- Oversee the process to solicit and review the Opportunity Fund proposals received from the private sector
- Assist on conducting due diligence on selected proposals and work with relevant departments in drafting agreements, conducting monitoring and following up the overall portfolio performance
- Lead periodic review meetings and reports on the status and progress to supervisors and partners
- Provide timely reports and assistance to the supervisors and advisors to ensure that financial resources are used efficiently and effectively
Kosovan-German Innovation, Technology, and Trainings Park in Prizren (50%)
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of activities in close consultation/cooperation with GIZ CETEP project team and counterparts from the public and private sector
- Facilitate the ITP interim steering committee activities (regular meetings, study tours, workshops, etc.)
- Monitor the establishment and operation of the innovation park in Prizren by overseeing the tendering process for park management, joint development of the criteria for park users, and active engagement with potential investors.
- Drafting Terms of References (ToR) for park Management Company and tendering of park management.
- Participate regularly in interim steering committee meetings, take minutes and report on the project progress to team leader
- Act as a focal point for clients, organizations and KFOR DeuKon
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Finance or Business Administration and related fields.
- Minimum 10 years of overall professional experience. At least 5 years of professional experience in fund management, private sector and/or privatization procedures.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Fluent written and oral knowledge of English, German language skills are a plus.
- Good knowledge in Project/Fund Management practice
- Prior experiences in advisory and negotiation skills with stakeholders from public and private sector
- Proficient knowledge in capacity development in technical cooperation
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
GIZ encourages candidates from ethnic minorities and female candidates to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English or German consisting of a letter of motivation, references and CV in the format: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae/templates-instructions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Subject of the email:Project advisor
Deadline for the application:20. April 2018