ILG Elementary School Teacher
- Publish Date
- End Date
Arsim & Edukim
- Job Places
Position/ title: ILG Elementary School Teacher PYP Grade 1
Supervisor: ILG School Principal
Type of appointment: Fix-term renewable
Start Date: 2019/ 2020 School YearSalary Range: € 1,107 - € 1,202 (Gross)
The International Learning Group School (ILG School) is a not-for-profit school, serving the needs of both the international and local community in Kosovo. ILG School’s mission is to provide quality education in an English speaking, stimulating, caring and playful learning environment while ensuring a well-balanced mix of academic and social programs. ILG School offers a platform where parents and teachers work in partnership to empower children through 7th grade with the life skills and a mindset that allows them to fulfil their potential and prepare for future learning processes worldwide.
ILG School is an internationally accredited institution that offers innovative, technology-based, outstanding education to children of all backgrounds, invests in staff, and acts as an inspiring example for other educational institutions.
The role of the Elementary School Teacher Grade 1 is essentially to build and maintain a successful curriculum within the school by providing an educational atmosphere conducive to learning and developing through the process of inquiry.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, prepare and deliver high quality lessons to suit the individual needs of all students in line with a constructivist approach;
- Inspire mixed culture and ability classes, by creating challenging and engaging learning opportunities for all students;
- Assess and monitor student progress and develop personal targets with individual students so that all learners can see success and improve;
- Collaborate with other teachers to share new ideas, approaches and professional knowledge;
- Communicate accurately and regularly with parent;
- Liaise with the Elementary School Principal and Academic Coordinator to ensure effective delivery of the curriculum to specified classes, including selecting resources and managing them efficiently in the classroom;
- Contribute to the extra-curricular activities programme and participate in school activities such as assemblies, evening events, conferences;
- Maintain constant awareness of the needs of any children to whom English is another language;
- To participate in the design, development, implementation and review of assessment and reporting systems;
- To promote the health and safety of assigned classes through culturally responsive classroom management;
- To participate in professional development and contribute to regular staff training/meetings;
- To encourage the team spirit in the elementary school and develop links with colleagues across the school;
- To contribute to community service and global citizenship goals;
- To enhance the professional standing of the teaching body;
- To participate in the current development of the ILG School curriculum;
- Develop and implement the Individual Educational Program (IEP) of students with individual needs and participate in IEP and Individual Transition Plan (ITP) meetings in coordination with the Director and other learning support teachers;
- Develop a classroom community in which students are engaged as responsible and respectful independent learners;
It is expected that the Elementary School Teacher will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Demonstrate professionalism, commitment, integrity, strength of character and perseverance;
- Inter-culturally aware with well-developed interpersonal skills;
- Inspiring trust and confidence in students and colleagues;
- Outgoing and enthusiastic;
- Show a strong work ethic;
- Articulate communicator;
- Committed to ensuring high standards of teaching;
Minimum Qualifications Professional specific qualification is required based on the Administrative Instruction of MEST Nr. 10/2018 for Normative Over Professional Staff of the General Education.
- A Bachelor’s degree, Faculty of Education – Primary Program or Faculty of Teaching;
- At least two years of relevant teaching experience;
- Fluency in English. Non-native English language speakers should have a British Council IELTS score of 7 or equivalent score from an internationally recognized institution.
- A Master’s degree preferably in teaching for primary or secondary education;
- International teaching experience;
- Experience implementing the IB Primary Years Programme;
- Teaching certificate from a recognized university.
- Several years of teaching experience in English;
- Additional skills that can be used for afterschool activities would be an advantage;
ILG School offers a highly competitive salary and benefits, great colleagues, positive working environment and International Baccalaureate (IB) training for PYP, please see: https://www.ibo.org/.
Interested applicants are asked to send a CV (resume) and cover letter that includes an outline of their educational philosophy, and long-term professional ambitions, to the ILG Administration Office at: email@example.com latest by 31st of July 2019 COB. ILG School reserves the right to modify and or cancel the vacancy notice at any time of the recruitment process!