Local Legal Expert
- Publish Date
- End Date
- Job Places
Issued by: OSCE Mission in Kosovo
Vacancy number: VNKOSC02187
Vacancy type: Experts/Consultants
Number of posts: 1
Duty station: Prishtine / Pristina
Date of issue: 24 June 2019
Deadline for application: 7 July 2019 - 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
Date of entry on duty: 1 July 2019
The Governance Section’s 2019 project on ”Cultivating a Human-Centred Approach to Developing Networks of Governance Effectiveness (CHANGE)” will assist the Agency for Information and Privacy (AIP) in building the legal infrastructure for implementation of the newly endorsed Law on Protection of Personal Data.
As part of the new Activity, the Governance Section of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo will support the AIP (formerly known as the Agency for Protection of Personal Data) in drafting subsidiary legislation for implementation of the Law on Protection of Personal Data. In this regard, the Governance Section will require a Local Legal Expert to draft specific sub-legal acts which are foreseen by the new law. The draft legislation produced during this consultancy assignment will be discussed with the AIP officials in a series of workshops that are also foreseen under the auspices of this Activity.
The objective of this consultancy assignment is to draft specific sub-legal acts, as listed below, foreseen by the new Law on Protection of Personal Data.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The Local Legal Expert shall draft the following sub-legal acts:
- Agency's Rules of Procedure,
- Regulation on Internal Organization and Systematization of Workplaces
- Regulation on Internal Procedures for the Review of Complaints
- Employee Code of Ethics of the Agency for Information and Privacy
- At the end of assignment the Local Legal Expert will also draft the final report on the performed tasks.
The consultant will report to the Governance Section’s National Programme Officer and work closely with other members of the Governance Section team. The consultant shall submit the following deliverables:
- The draft Rules of Procedure (due end of August)
- The draft Regulation on Internal Organization and Systematization of Workplaces, (due end of September)
- Regulation on Internal Procedures for the Review of Complaints (due end of October)
- Employee Code of Ethics of the Agency for Information and Privacy (due end of November)
- Final report (due end of December)
- Effective and efficient communication with the Governance Section team and with officials from the AIP
- Participation and co-facilitation of the working group workshops on drafting of sub-legal acts
- Timely submission of all the deliverables and other products that are foreseen by this TORs
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and within limited times frames
- First-level university degree in Law. Master’s degree is an asset
- At least five years of relevant professional experience, preferably in drafting legal acts
- Specific knowledge in drafting of subsidiary legislation is an asset
- Excellent organizational skills with capacity to deal effectively with changing priorities
- Command of Windows software, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to keep strict deadlines and deal with several activities simultaneously
- Fluent in Albanian and English languages, knowledge of Serbian language is an asset
Remuneration will depend on the qualifications and experience of individual experts as well as the detailed work plan to be agreed upon and will be based on the current OSCE consultancy rates.
How To Apply
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE's online application form, found under https://jobs.osce.org/. Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: email@example.com. In line with your qualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language would not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply.