- Publish Date
- End Date
- Job Places
Position: Development Facilitator
Work location: Word Vision International in Kosovo, Pristina
Deadline of applications: 15 September 2019
Type: Fixed term, Full-Time
Please refer to the link below to submit your application:
Purpose of the position
The purpose of the position is to serve as a catalyst, partnership facilitator, and builder of the capacity of local partners, facilitating the emergence and strengthening of community-led initiatives to improve and sustain the well-being of children and their families.
Building relationships within communities
- Build close and constructive relationships and actively learn within partner communities in order to understand their realities and facilitate development processes effectively.
- Work with stakeholders in a range of different development relationships towards the well-being of children in the communities.
- Communicate effectively World Vision’s identity, mission, vision, values and our approach to work in ways that are contextually appropriate and clear.
- Ensure that dialogue includes whole communities and stakeholders inclusive of their diversity.
- Encourage and enable communities to share and learn from their own experiences in the respective Area Programs.
Catalyst, broker, facilitator, working with partners
- Actively search for new partners within the Area Program, identify how these partners can work together towards shared priorities for child well-being.
- Enable and facilitate share of information and connections among local stakeholder groups. (Local stakeholders groups may include formal and informal community-based organizations, local churches, other faith-based organizations, businesses, other NGOs and local government agencies).
- Facilitate an empowering approach to formation of new community organizations and other partners in the area.
- Facilitate with the support of Area Program Manager the process of partner`s capacity assessment and draft a plan of building the partner’s capacities.
- Work with partners to coordinate efforts to enable integration, synergy and prevent duplication of interventions.
- Assist stakeholders and community partners to identify and mobilize community resources needed for project implementation.
- Ensure the implementation of agreed plans with partners and monitor theirs activities are following as agreed terms.
Ensure in support with Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs & Security Coordinator the preparation and implementation of disaster preparedness plans.
- Participate in and support the implementation of monitoring and evaluation tools and measurements of program/project effectiveness to track the delivery of joint outcomes.
Program planning, implementation and monitoring of Sponsorship project
- Assist and support Program Manager in preparing annual budget based on the agreed targets.
- Share learning and identified child wellbeing issues from the community with the relevant stakeholders within World Vision.
- Assist technical specialists to contextualize subjects and capacity building methodologies and modules taking into consideration local capacity and expectations.
- Plan the Technical Program/Sponsorship activities in annual and intermediate planning.
- Ensure monthly planning of activities in the Area Program level.
- Ensure implementation of Technical Program/Sponsorship activities in Area Program level upon agreed plans strategically developed and ensure the active participation of registered children, but not only.
- Ensure that cross cutting themes are considered in all activities as advised by the Program Manager.
- Ensure the following up of cases in collaboration with the partners and duty barriers according to the World Vision guidelines.
- Ensure documentations are in place as per requirements
- Support the Program Manager in Area Program level narrative reporting.
- Responsible for expenditure of budget as per cash flow and preparation of financial reports as per requirements;
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Degree in social science, or related subjects to development or relevant years of work experience;
- Strong understanding of community-led development work;
- Creative and able to apply innovative thinking, partnership building and problem solving skills;
- Strong facilitation skills, including catalyzing, connecting, and building the capacity of community groups
- Good interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity, abilities to work as a team.
- Good analytical and writing skills;
- Basic understanding of design, monitoring, and evaluation
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Good knowledge of Albanian and English language. Serbian Language is a strong advantage.
- Able to travel often in the field (75% of the time).
- Driving License, Category-B
***While we appreciate all applications received, only those selected for the next phase of recruitment process will be contacted.