Digital media - comunication Intern
- Publish Date
- End Date
- Job Places
The USAID-funded Justice System Strengthening Program (JSSP) is inviting applications from candidates for the position of Digital Media / Communications Intern supporting the Kosovo Judicial Council and the courts. JSSP is a four-and-a-half-year program that seeks to strengthen the efficiency and effectiveness of the administration of justice, enhance accountability and professionalism of justice system institutions and actors, and facilitate integration of judicial structures in the North.
The purpose of the internship:
We encourage applicants from among the youth who are skilled and motivated to serve as a DigitalMedia/Communications intern in Justice System Strengthening Program (JSSP). The internshipwill provide the successful candidate with an opportunity to substantially contribute to the work of the KJC’s and courts’ publicinformation office and actively engage with the public by tracking and monitoring and providing advice and recommendations about the KJC’s and courts’digital media platforms. This role offers the intern a total immersion into a new digital landscape for the KJC,with a focus on increasing awareness of KJC and court activities. The intern will be given specific duties and responsibilities and be challenged to develop his/her skills and gain experience. The Intern is expected to be flexible and take part in various activities in the office and sometimes in the field, including courthouses throughout Kosovo.
- Assist the JSSP staff in preparing and organizing various program-related events and other outreach activities.
- Monitor/track KJC and court website metrics and provide relevant input and recommendations to increase reach and engagement
- Work with Basic Court information officers to support and monitor content uploading to their court’s website and Facebook pages and utilize best practice and tools to generate more interest in the work of judiciary
- Monitor the timeliness and completeness of information posted on the websiteof each court (including branches).
- Assist JSSP in designing and publishing digital content related to outreach and awareness
- Complete other digital media projects as assigned.
- We expect applicants for internship to have at least a BA in communications or journalism. Master students are encouraged to apply. We are looking for interns who are up to date with IT and media developments, dedicated, diligent, positive, open-minded, reflective and willing to learn. Applicants must have knowledge and experience with mainstream social media and website platforms,good knowledge in MS Office package, internet navigation, etc.), attention to detail and have excellent communication skills.
Up to 6 months, or per mutual agreement. The Intern is expected to work part time (a minimum of 6 hours per day) or a minimum if 120-130 hours per month.
The Intern will be offered a payment of 170 EUR gross per month. He/she is entirely responsible for all other expenses.
Interested applicants should apply by submitting a CV, cover letter (max. 300 words), and three references via email, with “Intern” as the subject line, to email@example.com Do not send additional document. Application deadline: September 24, 2019, at 16:00. Late and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted. Any attempts to otherwise contact USAID or JSSP about this solicitation will result in immediate disqualification.