International consultant to deliver Training on use of Benelli M4 Shotgun
- Publish Date
- End Date
- Job Places
Issued by: OSCE Mission in Kosovo
Vacancy number: VNKOSC02209
Vacancy type: Experts/Consultants
Number of posts: 1
Duty station: Prishtine / Pristina
Date of issue: 11 September 2019
Deadline for application: 22 September 2019 - 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
Date of entry on duty: 7 October 2019
The OSCE Mission in Kosovo (OSCE Mission) through its Department for Security and Public Safety (DSPS) has been proactively participating in the development of the security and public safety sector in Kosovo. In order to facilitate the sustainability of progress made by Kosovo Police (KP) and the Kosovo Agency on Forensic (KAF) the DSPS Police Development and Monitoring Section (PDMS) will continue to support the implementation of activities envisioned in the Kosovo Police Strategic Development Plan 2016-2020 and the Kosovo Police Human Resources Strategy 2016-2020, KAF Development Strategy 2016-2020, and the Police Inspectorate of Kosovo Strategy 2014-2018.
The beneficiaries of this project will have the possibility to improve capacities and their expertise through different trainings and activities which will be based on best practices of European countries. The activities planned in this project will focus on areas related to gender mainstreamed human resource policies within Kosovo Police; improved skills and accredited practices and procedures within the KAF; greater understanding of the recording, investigation and prosecution of potential hate crimes by law enforcement entities; further development of the Kosovo Police distance learning capacities; and improvement of co-operation at the international level by Kosovo Police. All activities will be developed and implemented in close co-operation and co-ordination with, inter alia, the staff of both Kosovo Police and other beneficiaries.
In order to measure the impact of this activity the Police Development and Monitorig Section will proactively monitor human rights compliance and also the quality of the training delivered. The activity managers will also proactively advocate with beneficiaries to encourage the inclusion of female officers and officers from non-majority communities to participate in this training. The training will be conducted by a qualified international consultant hired by the OSCE Mission at Kosovo Police facilities. It will be implemented through a range of lectures, practical exercises and group discussions/debriefings.
Training modules in this activity will focus on the following areas: Structure, characteristics, use and maintenance of Benelli M4 shotgun Safety measures (general and specific); Handling and shooting (theoretical part and practical exercise) Integration of Benelli M4 shotgun in EOD robots (theoretical part and practical exercise)
As part of the continued support of the OSCE Mission the objective of this activity to provide three days of training on the use of Benelli M4 Shotgun to thirteen (13) officers from the Kosovo Police Directorate of Specialised Unitsincrease their practical and theoretical knowledge on how to use, handle and shoot with Benelli M4 shotgun including when integrated in EOD robots. This training will be designed to enhance the knowledge of Kosovo Police Bomb Squad Officers on this specific shotgun which will be used integrated in EOD robots to shoot with special bullet’s on hard wood containers etc. The training will be conducted at Kosovo Police facilities and foresees a range of practical exercises.
The duration of consultancy is five (5) working days between 07 October and 30 October 2019
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Chief of PDMS, the international expert shall:
- Draft the training methodology, appropriate training material and details of practical exercise in consultation with PDMS and deliver the agenda, presentations, exercises to the Chief of PDMS prior to the training
- Conduct three (3) days of training on the use of Benelli M4 Shotgun, including in conjunction with in EOD robots for thirteen (13) officers from the Kosovo Police Directorate of Specialised Units. Assist participants to gain practical skills and learn how to address challenges which they will be facing
- Conduct practical exercises at the shooting range with the Benelli M4 shotgun including in conjunction with the EOD robot
- Provide advice on the sustainability of this specialized training programme to the PDMS
- Produce the final consultancy report and recommendations for further action
- On 07 October 2019 submit the final training plan with the comments incorporated, if applicable, to the PDMS staff in electronic form
- On 08 October 2019 prepare the final training agenda, video presentations, PowerPoint presentations, practical exercises, case studies, a pre course evaluation test and a training evaluation questionnaire in electronic form/as agreed with the Chief of PDMS;
- From 15-17 October 2019 deliver three (3) days of training on use of Benelli M4 Shotgun including in conjunction with EOD robots, for thirteen (13) officers from the Kosovo Police Directorate of Specialised Units. The training will last from 9am until 3.30pm each day
- By the 30 October 2019 submit to the Chief of PDMS the final consultancy report including assessment of the participants, the effectiveness of the training and recommendations for any future training to ensure the sustainability of capacity in this area.
- Final training plan, training presentations, practical exercises plan, and a training evaluation questionnaire incorporating the PDMS comments submitted on time to the Chief of PDMS
- The training is delivered as scheduled/planned in the necessary format and quality as requested/instructed by the Chief of PDMS
- Positive feedback from the training participants
- The completed training evaluation questionnaire
- The final consultancy report is submitted on time and is of satisfactory quality.as requested/ instructed by the Chief of PDMS.
- Certified shooting instructor
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant professional experience as shooting instructor
- At least five (5) years of training experience as trainer for Law Enforcement Agencies
- Proven knowledge of Benelli shotguns
- Professional fluency in English
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a team member, with without any cultural, religious or gender bias
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and with limited time frames
Remuneration will depend on the qualifications and experience of individual experts as well as the detailed work plan to be agreed upon and will be based on the current OSCE consultancy rates
How To Apply
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE's online application form, found under https://jobs.osce.org/. Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In line with your qualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language would not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and socialbackgrounds to apply