- Publish Date
- End Date
- Job Places
Recruitment for Chemonics International
The USAID Kosovo Economic Governance Activity is a five-year initiative to support Kosovo partners to implement significant reforms that will improve the simplicity, transparency, accountability and efficiency of government operations, strengthen public financial management, and improve responsive public-private dialogue, through adoption and confirmation of self-reliant, inclusive governance processes, ability, and systems. The support will be offered through the following three objectives:
- Business Environment Improvement;
- Strengthened Public Financial Management; and,
- Enhanced Strategic Communications.
USAID Kosovo Economic Governance Activity works closely with a wide range of Government of Kosovo institutions, private sector, civil society and other stakeholders to achieve these objectives by providing technical assistance for the development of key policies and legislation that encourage private sector-led economic growth in Kosovo.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In support of the Objective Leads, and other long-term staff of the Activity, the Intern will be responsible for assisting with all Activity tasks as assigned to maximize impact as measured against the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Plan. Specific tasks may include issue research, legal / economic / process analysis, drafting, event preparation and execution, administrative and other forms of support in the following areas:
- Legalization of unpermitted construction;
- Construction permitting and oversight;
- Legal and regulatory barriers to economic activity;
- Tax policy and administration;
- Public financial management;
- Strategic communications;
- Performance and data management;
- Public-private dialogue, partner outreach and engagement; and / or
- Administrative functions.
- Education: A student in the second or third year of their bachelor’s degree studies or graduates in Business, Law, Engineering, Architecture, Trade, Economics, Finance, Data Management, Information Systems, Marketing, or related field.
- Language: English and Albanian fluency. Knowledge of Serbian language beneficial.
- Computer Skills: Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages.
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to work professionally, constructively and collaboratively as part of team, meet deadlines, communicate effectively, and deal with diverse partners in a challenging environment.
- Self-Motivation and Guidance: Strong individual initiative and ability to manage daily activities and achieve expected results with mentorship.
LEVEL OF EFFORT AND TIMING
Potential candidates should be able to commit 3-5 days per week/4-8 hours per day (commitment of 80 hours per month) for a 1-year period, starting in/around November 2019
Please send electronic applications, including ONLY a CV and cover letter, to email@example.com, by October 10, 2019 no later than 4:00 PM. Please indicate the area for which you are applying in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.