Objective Lead, Public Financial Management (CCN)
- Publish Date
- End Date
- Job Places
USAID Kosovo Economic Governance Activity
Position: Objective Lead, Public Financial Management (CCN)
Period of Assignment: Long-term, full-time
Reports To: Chief of Party
Location: Pristina, Kosovo
The USAID Kosovo Economic Governance Activity is a five-year initiative (that started in April 2019) to support Kosovo partners to implement significant reforms that will improve the simplicity, transparency, accountability and efficiency of government operations, strengthen public financial management, and improve responsive public-private dialogue, through adoption and confirmation of self-reliant, inclusive governance processes, ability, and systems. The support will be offered through the following three objectives:
- Business Environment Improvement;
- Strengthened Public Financial Management; and,
- Enhanced Strategic Communications.
The Public Finance Management (PFM) Objective Lead is responsible for providing direct support and managing the Activity staff to achieve the results under Objective 2: Strengthened Public Financial Management.
The PFM Objective Lead will apply cross-cutting project principles to support the Ministry of Finance, the Tax Administration of Kosovo, other Government of Kosovo bodies, and private sector stakeholders to expand on the advances Kosovo has made in public financial management, including with previous USAID support.
Specifically, the PFM Objective Lead will be responsible for managing Activity resources and support to public and private sector partners for enhancing the self-reliance of professional macroeconomic and tax policy planning systems and capacity, improving fiscal discipline and transparency through evidence-based budgeting and active treasury management, and increasing domestic revenue mobilization through high-integrity and performance-oriented tax administration.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and lead PFM objective staff on all daily activities to meet or exceed all the Activity goals included in annual work plans and in accordance with deadlines and outcomes anticipated.
- Serve as primary liaison with the Ministry of Finance’s macroeconomic unit to build institutional budgeting capacity and develop and implement policies.
- Support the Tax Administration of Kosovo to improve the efficiency of its operations, by improving its transparency and accountability with citizens, applying a risk-based approach to tax compliance, and institutionalizing a performance culture based on objective metrics
- Support the Ministry of Finance to identify systematic and organizational solutions for building up self-reliance and sustainability in carrying out professional macro-fiscal analysis functions,
- Support the Ministry of Finance, the Tax Administration of Kosovo, and private sector stakeholders to establish and enhance financial accountability systems based on continuous transparency improvements, including through publication and use of fiscal and performance data
- Support and fully utilize the skills of the Strategic Communications, Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Analytics, and Public-Private Dialogue Advisors within the objectives of the project.
- Identify and pursue all opportunities to transfer knowledge and skills to public and private sector partners to build sustainable self-reliant relationships within Kosovo partners, diminishing and eventually eliminating any reliance on the project for support.
- Prepare, with input from objective staff and in coordination with other staff, chief of party, and counterparts, the annual work plan and any modifications thereto through the course of activities.
- On a regular basis prepare reports, including weekly, quarterly, and annually for USAID, and other ad hoc reporting that might be needed.
- Managing relationships with public and private sector counterparts and other donors in the areas of activity.
- Other duties that may be assigned as needed.
- Experience - At least 5 years of experience creating and leading public financial management reforms and governance improvement, and demonstrated knowledge of international public financial management best practices. Previous management experience with USAID projects is considered an asset.
- Education – Advanced degree in finance, economics, public administration, or related area.
- Language Skills – English and Albanian fluency, with excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Computer Skills - Advanced skills in using word processing (Microsoft Word) and spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel) as well as electronic communications programs.
- Interpersonal Skills - Proven ability to work professionally, constructively and collaboratively as part of team, meet deadlines, communicate effectively, and deal with diverse partners (including high-level government officials, entrepreneurs and international donors) in a challenging environment.
- Self-Motivation and Guidance - Demonstrated initiative and self-motivation in handling all assigned tasks with minimal supervision, and proven ability to effectively function in a complex, challenging environment.
Please send electronic applications, including ONLY a CV and cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 18, 2019 no later than 4:00 PM. Please indicate the position title for which you are applying in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.