- Company Name
Fondi Kosovar per Garanci Kreditore:
- Phone Number
+381 (0) 38 225 600 (208)
- Company Place
Renewable Energy Consultant (REC) (1)
- Publish Date
- End Date
- Job Places
In accordance with Article 10 of the Law No. 05/L-057 on the establishment of Kosovo Credit Guarantee Fund, the Kosovo Credit Guarantee Fund (KCGF) announces the following:
one (1) Renewable Energy Consultant (REC)
Reference number: 02/2019
The Kosovo Credit Guarantee Fund (KCGF) is an independent legal entity established by its law, to help meet the need for increased access to finance for micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs) in Kosovo in order to create jobs, increase local production and value-added services, improve the trade balance and enhance financing opportunities for MSMEs.
This position is funded through the Threshold Agreement between the Republic of Kosovo and the United States of America. The Threshold Program seeks to strengthen the power sector by fostering a market-driven approach to lowering energy costs for households and businesses, encouraging energy efficiency, and developing new sources of electricity generation. Funding for the Threshold Program, and therefore this position at KCGF, is currently projected to end on September 30th, 2021.
Description of work responsibilities:
The REC will work closely with the Senior Risk Manager of the KCGF and PFCRS. The REC will support risk management of the institution by technical expertise from the RE perspective when designing and developing internal processes, evaluating the project finance applications in RE, and by supporting the management staff during the evaluation of the eligibility criteria for guarantee applications in RE. The REC will work as a part time consultant of KCGF, with expected Level of Effort up to 200 days with duration until 30 September 2021.
Duties and responsibilities:
- REC will support the management of the institution on setting eligibility criteria for investments in RE applying for guarantees, under KCGF RE guarantee window;
- REC will support the management of the institution with the technical expertise on evaluating the credit worthiness and eligibility criteria of the RE investments;
- REC will evaluate the environment and social risk, according to International Finance Corporation(IFC) Environmental and Social Standards, involved for projects in RE applying for guarantees under the RE window;
- REC will cooperate and work along with the credit risk on designing and modeling the needed tools for evaluating the technicalities of projects in RE;
- Will support the risk management on developing the credit risk estimation tools;
- Help analyze and process guarantee applications under project finance RE window from the technical engineering perspective;
- Interface with partner financial institutions’ risk and credit departments;
- Produce reports in English and Albanian for the management of the institution, Board of Directors and donors of the institution;
- Producing data-based reports in English and Albanian based on credit analytical findings;
- Recommendations for changes on existing products or designing new products;
- Any other tasks and duties as required and requested by Managing Director;
- University degree in engineering, environment or related fields, or major specialization/professional certifications in the area of renewable energy, energy efficiency or in related fields;
- Proven project management and relevant work experience. Interdisciplinary skills that relates technicalities of the RE projects with the financial projections in the area of RE is an asset for the candidate;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in delivering of renewable energy or consulting projects in Kosovo or other countries in the region;
- Experience with various government agencies or interdisciplinary team in the area of RE is desirable;
- Experience with delivery of solar projects is an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of the Kosovo and regional legislation and regulatory framework in energy sector;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Good inter-personal and teamwork skills;
- Keen on developing personal knowledge in the field and ability to work independently.
Timing, duration and duty stations
The REC will be given a one (1) year contract, renewed on yearly basis and, will be based at the KCGF office in Prishtina. REC contract will be subject to extension based on satisfactory results of performance review and needs of institution.
Documents required for application:
- CV and Motivation Letter;
- Diplomas, Certificates and Relevant Trainings;
- Reference contacts from former employers;
All applications will only be accepted via e-mail email@example.com, and the subject of the email will be written: "Application by: Name and Surname_ Position"
The vacancy is open until 06.12.2019, time 16:30.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!