Youth and Gender Program Officer
- Publish Date
- End Date
- Job Places
Position: Youth and Gender Program Officer
FHI 360 Subcontractor of the International City/County Management Association (ICMA) is looking for a Youth and Gender Program Officer for its Local Effective Governance Activity in Kosovo.
The purpose of the Local Effective Governance Activity in Kosovo is to strengthen the operations and inclusiveness of municipal governance in municipalities with non-majority communities in Kosovo. Local Effective Governance Activity has the objectives to improve equitable, efficient, and transparent municipal governance which responds to citizens’ priorities with a focus on non-majority participation in democratic structures, and to increase active citizen participation of both majority and non-majority communities in municipal structures. Local Effective Governance Activity will be conducted in the following 14 municipalities: Leposavić/Leposaviq, Zvečan/Zveçan, Mitrovica/Mitrovicë North, Zubin Potok, Gračanica/Graçanicë, Ranilug/Ranillug, Štrpce/Shtërpcë, Obilić/Obiliq, Istog/Istok, Klina/Klinë, Dragash/Dragaš, Parteš/Partesh, Klokot/Kllokot, and Novo Brdo/Novobërdë.
The Youth and Gender Program Officer has primary responsibility to ensure that gender and youth consideration are incorporated into the design and implementation of all project activities. Youth and Gender Program Officer will assist technical team on addressing gender and youth issues.
Specifically, the Youth and Gender Program Officer will:
- Liaise with municipal Gender Equality Offices, Women’s Caucuses, Informal Women Groups, Municipal Directorates for Youth, Culture, and Sports, and Local Youth Action Councils to facilitate implementation of LEGA activities in partner municipalities.
- Cooperate with national and international stakeholders to ensure that all LEGA activities are implemented in coordinated manner without overlaps.
- Conducting mentorship sessions and on-the-job support to youth and women groups, including training provision on basic capacity development needs (organizational development, project cycle management, monitoring and reporting … etc)
- Facilitate inclusion of youth and women groups in wider national and international structures
- Under the supervision of Objective 2 Leader provide field monitoring of grantees and sub-contractors performance in the area of youth development and gender;
- Contributing to regular weekly, quarterly and annual reports regarding the youth and gender
- Provide ongoing technical support to LEGA team on addressing gender and youth issues.
- Performing other duties as assigned by Objective Leader and COP.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Degree in international affairs, international development, public administration or related field.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience providing gender and youth expertise in similar programs.
- Proven project management skills including project development and report writing
- Experience working in/with the Kosovo civil society organization preferred
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations.
- Fluency in English required; Albanian and/or Serbian preferable
- Advanced skills in using Microsoft Office applications
- Strong individual initiative and ability to complete daily activities and achieve expected results without direct oversight
- This position will report directly to the Objective 2 Leader
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
The application deadline is close of business on December, 5, 2019.
All respondents should put “LEGA Youth and Gender Program Officer” in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.