- Publish Date
- End Date
- Job Places
Deadline of Application: 20 December 2019
IDRA is a leading research and development consulting agency with operations in Balkan region and beyond. We offer Insights into why things happen, Foresight to see what lies ahead and Innovative solutions to tackle development problems.
IDRA offers full-scale market and opinion research services. It offers both quantitative and qualitative high quality research for private and institutional clients. The methods used include face-to-face, CATI, CAWI, focus groups, in-depth interviews, product testing, mystery shopping, etc. Our extensive experience, innovative methods, personalized service and dedication to research integrity set us apart. Our clients include private companies, multinationals, governments, international institutions, NGOs and everyone in-between
With our consumer insights and research platform, at IDRA we’ve built a team that is uniquely positioned to develop solutions for clients that keep their customers at the center of their strategy, marketing, and innovation efforts.
We have offices in Tirana (Albania), Prishtina ( Kosova) and Hue (Vietnam).
We are looking for a motivated Research Manager office in Prishtina (Kosova). This role will be responsible for delivering diverse research projects in our market sectors. It will entail bringing sound project management and analytical expertise to projects from initial design through to reporting, drawing upon a strong combination of both qualitative and quantitative research experience. Part of the role will be to also support the development of new business opportunities including preparing written tenders and proposals. A high level of motivation and excellent communication skills are required to manage an incredibly diverse slate of work, clients, and team personalities. Flexibility to work on multiple projects, a natural aptitude for organization, and deadline-driven deliverable creation are equally important in this fast-paced environment. We are looking for someone who is able to deliver amidst the dynamic nature of workload and pace inherent in a client service business. The ideal candidate has strong written and verbal communication skills, displays a high level of creativity, and is very comfortable multi-tasking. The candidate should have track record in an applied research context, proven analytical skills, confidence and genuine appetite for personal learning. Whilst managing research projects and client relationships, you will coordinate in cooperation with Senior Research Managers the design and delivery of qualitative fieldwork (including depth interviewing and facilitating focus groups) and quantitative fieldwork (such as survey questionnaires and CATI), data analysis and the presentation of research findings.
- Take the lead in managing research projects, from scoping through to completion, including managing and developing client relationships;
- Take responsibility for the day to day management of a range of customer accounts and be the first point of contact for these accounts -ensuring that customer expectations are managed and fulfilled;
- Undertake and oversee the design and development of quantitative and qualitative research instruments, telephone and in-person interviews, literature reviews, focus groups and data analysis;
- Work with IDRA director and senior managers to win new work from new and existing clients and proactively identify new business opportunities both in terms of research services and policy markets;
- Plan and manage resources effectively, including financial budgets;
- Manage junior research staff and subcontractors as necessary to achieve project objectives, seeking best value at all times;
- Produce insightful research reports with sophisticated and actionable advice to support your clients in their decision-making;
- Contribute to the development and profile of our research expertise with customers and key influencers;
- Ensure that customer expectations are fulfilled on all projects for which you are responsible;
- Build strong relationships with clients, intermediaries and associates; and
- Ensure that the company is up to date with developments in research markets.
Skills / Experience
- At least Master degree in Marketing, Economics, Business Administration, Political Science, or other relevant field (if you feel it is relevant).
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in market or social science research
- Excellent report-writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail.
- Strong organizational/logistics skills.
- Ability to independently solve problems.
- Personal accountability and strong work ethic.
- Professional, able to interact with vendors/clients.
- Positive, “can do” attitude.
- Fluent written and spoken English is mandatory
Our best asset is our staff. We only hire the most motivated, collaborative, curious, and insightful people. Only those up for a challenge and desiring a real commitment to their workplace should apply.
To be considered for this position, please send your resume/CV and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Research Manager” in the subject line.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview!