Senior Translator/Interpreter Assistant (Albanian)*
- Publish Date
- End Date
- Job Places
Issued by: OSCE Mission in Kosovo
Vacancy number: VNKOSG02232
Vacancy type: Local Contracted
Number of posts: 1
Duty station: Prishtine / Pristina
Date of issue: 21 January 2020
Deadline for application: 17 February 2020 - 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
Date of entry on duty: 1 April 2020
*Employment is subject to the approval of 2020 UB Post Table
Under the supervision of the National Language Service Co-ordinator, the incumbent will be peforming the following duties:
1. Quality Control:
- Responsible for proofreading/quality control and signing off on every document produced by the Language Service for his/her respective language;
- Assisting other translators with complicated and/or technical translations in his/her respective language;
- Implementing and complying up to date dictionaries, in linguistics of the respective languages.
2. Written translation:
- Translating texts and documents of various kinds from/into English/Albanian that are relevant to the work of Departments within OMiK. These include laws, rules, court and administrative decisions, administrative instructions, conventions, covenants, charters, declarations, legal opinions, contracts; annual reports, special reports, newsletters, documents for seminars, meetings, papers for international conferences and round tables; discussion papers, conclusions, recommendations and minutes from high level meetings, conferences, regulations and outgoing official communication as well as other documents necessitating high quality translation, as assigned by National Language Service Co-ordinator.
3. Oral interpretation:
- Interpreting simultaneously and consecutively for OMiK Departments high officials, staff members and visitors of the OMiK Departments from/into English/Albanian during high level official meetings, seminars, conferences, meetings, round table discussions, official trips etc;
- Accompanying OMiK officials/high officials when required on other official and informal events to provide interpretation services.
4. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Completed secondary education supplemented by formal studies/training in languages;
- Minimum six years of translation or interpretation experience;
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft packages;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Albanian.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 1212.58 Euro/month. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE Group Insurance Plan (Health, Life, Accidental Disability and Temporary Incapacity Insurance) and the OSCE Provident Fund. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
How To Apply:
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE's online application form, found under https://jobs.osce.org Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: Recruitment.OMiK@osce.org In line with your qualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language would not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.