National Programme Officer
- Publish Date
- End Date
- Job Places
Issued by: OSCE Mission in Kosovo
Vacancy number: VNKOSN02237
Vacancy type: Local Contracted
Field of expertise: Democratization
Number of posts: 1
Duty station: Mitrovicë / Mitrovica
Date of issue: 24 January 2020
Deadline for application: 23 February 2020 - 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Democratization Officer and the overall supervision of the Regional Centre Director, the incumbent assists the Field Support Section within the Regional Office to implement the Governance-related Programme by assessing capacity-building needs, developing and implementing projects and trainings to municipal and civil society stakeholders, performing research and compiling background material on major section topics, assisting in the organization of meetings, establishing and maintaining regular contacts with employees of relevant institutions, to ensure a continuous dialogue for the purpose of identifying issues requiring the special attention and support of OMIK, and to formulate projects. The National Programme Officer:
- Assesses capacity-building needs, develops and implements projects and trainings to municipal and civil society stakeholders in improving compliance with principles of good governance and adherence to the European Charter of Local Self-Government, through input received from the HQ and other OSCE Field structures. Assists the team in providing support for the process of local governance reform.
- Performs research and compiles background material on the major section topics, assists in the organization of meetings (identifies participants and provides logistics support) involving local representatives relevant institutions and members of international organizations to discuss societal, cultural, political and practical issues pertaining to municipal governance and committees; writes summaries and reports on the topics discussed.
- Assists both the HQ and the Field Structure in the design and implementation of projects; provides regular feedback on the various stages of implementation of project activities; summarises evaluation results and submits suggestions for follow-up/improvement at the conclusion of projects.
- Establishes and maintains regular contacts with employees of relevant institutions, to ensure a continuous dialogue for the purpose of identifying issues requiring the special attention and support of OMIK, and to formulate projects.
- Performs related duties as required, including Interpretation/Translation and administrative work.
- First-level university degree in Public Administration, International Relations, Political Science, Social Science, Law or related field
- Minimum of two years of substantive working experience with governmental, municipal, as well as civil society stakeholders at the local level, of which two in developing and managing local governance related projects
- Ability to analyse and interpret research data and to present findings and conclusions in a form suitable for use by governmental and non-governmental organizations
- Ease of communication with representatives or members of government and municipality, and ability to formulate their concerns and other reports in a concise way
- Strong project implementation and coordination skills
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English, and excellent knowledge of Albanian or Serbian is essential. Knowledge of additional local languages (Turkish, Gorani, Roma, etc.) would be an asset
- Holding a valid driving license
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 1565.33 Euro/month. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE Group Insurance Plan (Health, Life, Accidental Disability and Temporary Incapacity Insurance) and the OSCE Provident Fund. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
How To Apply
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE's online application form, found under https://jobs.osce.org . Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: Recruitment.OMiK@osce.org . In line with your qualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language would not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.