Leader of Objective 1
- Publish Date
- End Date
- Job Places
Leader of Objective 1
Application deadline: 16:00 February 21, 2020
Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc., implementer for the USAID-funded Kosovo Commercial Justice Activity (Program), is seeking a professional to serve as Leader of Objective 1 of the Program. The Program is a multi-year initiative to reduce opportunities for corruption and encourage investment in Kosovo by helping to improve the resolution of commercial disputes and enforcement of judgements.
The Program is organized into two Objective Areas. Objective 1 addresses resolution of commercial disputes in the courts and enforcement. This includes reform of court-based commercial litigation, training of judges and court staff, strengthening oversight and professionalism of the private enforcement agent profession, and improving the trust of businesses towards commercial justice institutions. Under Objective 2, the Program works to increase the use of alternative dispute resolution, ensure that commercial laws are in accord with European Union and international best practices, and improve public awareness of commercial dispute and enforcement mechanisms.
As an employee of Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc., the Leader of Objective 1 will work closely and collaboratively with Program team members in designing, planning, implementing, and reporting on Objective 1 activities. He/She will deal with a diverse group of local and international partner institutions, consultants, subcontractors, and experts at all levels and will ensure all are treated in a professional and courteous manner.
Final decision on this position will be subject to USAID approval.
Responsibilities of the Leader of Objective 1
The position will involve leadership of team members in Objective 1 activities. This will include:
- Management of Commercial Justice activities designed to streamline and reform commercial litigation processes;
- Development of a sustainable commercial law curriculum, improve transparency, accountability, and professionalism in private enforcement;
- Educating businesses and support professionals on their commercial law rights and obligations;
- Providing effective, collaborative leadership that encourages and respects input from all team members;
- Coordination with the Program’s Strategic Communications Specialist in the design and production of public service announcement video(s) and radio spot(s) on Objective 1 activity areas;
- Participation in work and activity planning and reporting; and
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief of Party.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, is required, preferably in law or a related field;
- At least five years professional experience working in the area of rule of law, legal policy formation and advocacy, litigation, and/or legal education support;
- Three or more years of experience in similar judicial and/or legal reform projects is highly desired;
- Strong communication skills and management skills;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team context and as a team leader;
- Excellent organization and planning skills;
- Strong language skills both written and oral in English and local languages; and
- Proven track record working effectively with other projects, high-level Kosovo government counterparts, and other international partners.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 16:00 CET on February 21, 2020. Please indicate “Leader of Objective 1” in the subject line. All qualified applicants will be considered solely on the basis of merit. DO NOT CONTACT USAID or USAID COMMERCIAL JUSTICE ACTIVITY. Applicants who contact USAID or USAID Commercial Justice Activity independently of the prescribed application process will be disqualified. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.