Coordinator - Governance in Education (national)
- Publish Date
- End Date
- Job Places
Job Advertisement (subject to the signing of the Delegation Agreement with EU-Office in Kosovo - EUOK)
Project Title: Aligning Education and Training with Labour Market Needs- ALLED II
Position: Coordinator - Governance in Education (national)
Starting date: 2nd May 2020
Assignment period: 12 Months (possibility of extension until 31st August 2022)
Type of employment: Full Time position
Location: Prishtina / Pristina, Kosovo
The Austrian Development Agency (ADA) is the Operational Unit of the Austrian Development Cooperation (ADC). It is in charge of implementing all bilateral programmes and projects in ADC's partner countries and administers the budget earmarked for this. Under the European Commission’s Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance Programme for 2017 (IPA 2017), ADA has been delegated to implement the project “Aligning education and training with labour market needs” (ALLED Phase II)”.
The overall objective of the project is to reduce poverty through increased labour market participation and improved employability of the population. The specific objective of the project is to strengthen the quality and relevance of education and training programmes for the labour market and to support the adaptation of the legislative framework and mechanisms as a precondition for increased employability.
For the implementation of this EU and ADC funded project, ADA is recruiting a Coordinator - Governance in Education (national). The position will act under the supervision of Team Leader. The Project Implementation Unit is based in Pristina. The working language will be English.
The Coordinator - Governance in Education will be responsible for:
- Responsible for the successful implementation and oversight of Governance Component focusing on education and employment related policies according to the Description of the Action (DoA) in line with national economic development priorities of Kosovo and social inclusion principles.
- Acting according to the ADA Project Operating Manual.
- Support the processes related to strengthening the link between education and Labour Market needs which include the communication and cooperation with targeted public Education institutions including higher education, business representatives and other relevant bodies.
- Support the processes related to governance procedures for education and training system leading to approximation of labour market with education.
- Cooperate and coordinate closely with the Ministry of Education, Science, Technology and Innovation (MESTI) responsible department and provision of technical support related to adaption of the legal framework on issues related to VET and higher education and more specifically to the financial planning, gender responsive budgeting and budgeting concerning special needs of persons with disabilities, boosting youth employment.
- Support the processes related to adaption of legal framework for the implementation of income generating activities within VET provision.
- Ensure the participation and involvement of relevant stakeholders in project activities so that the process is inclusive, participatory and transparent.
- Act according to the project workplan and ensure the quality of outputs as well as provision of significant input to preparation respective reports.
- Readiness to act/perform in challenging environment with proactive approach proposing solutions for risk mitigation measures.
- Support the project Team Leader in timely preparation of progress and final reports for the Steering Board Meetings (SBM) and for the European Union Office in Kosovo (EUOK) under the supervision of Team Leader
- Liaison with beneficiaries, government officials and EUOK under supervision of the Team Leader and in Coordination with ADC Office Prishtina/Pristina/Task Manager and Head of ADC Office Prishtina/Pristina
- In close cooperation with all team members contribute to proper visibility of the project according to EU and ADA visibility guidelines and the implementation of the Communication and Visibility Plan of the Project
- Perform other duties as assigned by Team Leader
- A university degree (minimum: Master’s degree or equivalent)
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in task related activities and cooperating with international actors in related field.
- Experience in coordinating/leading/managing task related development policies
- Fully conversant with governance and institutional setting for efficient provision in education and training. Experience in social inclusion activities and youth related policies is and asset.
- Strong knowledge and experience on EU related policies and development.
- Extensive experience in result based monitoring and reporting
- Experience with EU/International funded projects is a strong asset
- Strong experience in area of Governance is a precondition
- Knowledge of the relevant national institutions and policies (MESTI, public university system, private university system, quality assurance) as well as latest trends on EU/international level is a strong asset
- Skills in facilitating consultations, workshops, and project engagements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are mandatory, working knowledge of Albanian is required. Knowledge of Serbian and German is an asset.
- Excellent inter-personal, social and communication skills
- Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment and effectively coordinate a multi-disciplinary team of experts and consultants
- Demonstrated vulnerable groups awareness, gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate it in all project activities as horizontal issue with paying attention to social inclusion and environmental protection.
Documents to be presented by the applicant:
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and please “Cc” to email@example.com NLT 02.03.2020, indicating “Coordinator - Governance in Education /ALLED II” in the subject with the following documents:
- Letter of motivation including - (in English)
- Curriculum vitae (in English)
- Names, contact details and working relationship of three professional references (at least one referee should have been your direct supervisor)
NOTE: Delayed and incomplete applications will not be accepted. No phone calls please. ADA Head Office and ADC Office Prishtina/Pristina will not accept phone calls on behalf of applicants. Such calls will harm applicant’s chances in applying for this position.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
ADA retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration
ADA encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic minorities as well as candidates with disability to apply