The Accessible Quality Healthcare (AQH) Project is a project of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) that supports Kosovo health sector reform and complements other donor-supported programmes with a focus on Primary Healthcare (PHC). The project is implemented by the Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute.
The third phase of AQH aims to consolidate and upscale the achievements of the two previous phases, for a period of 4 years, and will continue to stimulate the use of quality PHC services by all citizens, with particular attention to the needs and inclusion of socially vulnerable populations.
The project is seeking applicants for the following position:
Deputy Team Leader (DTL)
Assist the international Team Leader (TL) within the overall management of the project (staff supervision, communication with relevant project partners, monitoring progress, oversight on financial administration etc.). Replace TL in his functions when out of the country. Provide leadership in developing, initiating, refining, supporting and monitoring the overall project implementation and strategy, in order to reach the project objectives. Provide technical support in PHC systems strengthening where appropriate and ascertain technical consistency of AQH approaches. Provide recommendations for policy development as well as awareness-raising within the framework of on-going reform process. Contribute to consolidation and scale-up of project activities and to dissemination and capitalization of project achievements.
Support phase-out of project including the closure of the office at the end of the phase.
- Medical doctor or Public Health specialist.
- Minimum of 10 years’ work experience in the Kosovo health system, including experience with any/all of the following: Primary Healthcare, Quality Management at different levels of the Health System, Continuous Medical Education, research and data analysis, health promotion and health education, clinical guidelines and protocols.
- Minimum 10 years’ work experience and skills / work in a mid-level/senior management position within the health sector and preferably within an international work environment.
- Experience in working with civil society, diverse communities, including with minority and vulnerable groups, especial RAE.
- Excellent experience of computerised accounts packages, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral skills in English, Albanian as essential and Serbian as asset
- Able to work in a changing, multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships
- Willingness to travel within Kosovo if required
This is full-time position open only to national experts. Qualified applicants should email: 1) Curriculum Vitae; 2) Three references and 3) Cover letter explaining why they are qualified for the position, to the Project Administrative Manager, at [email protected] All documents should be in English. Please specify the position you apply under the e-mail subject.
Closing date for submission of applications is Friday, 24th November 2023.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Interviews will take place commencing 4th December 2023.