SCOPE OF WORK
Kosovo Municipal Integrity Activity (KMI)
|Contract Management Advisor
|Period of Performance On/About (From – To)
|February 20, 2024
|March 20, 2027
|Maximum Level of Effort
|Base of Operations
|position reports to
|Procurement and Contract Management Lead
- Project Background:
The purpose of USAID’s Kosovo Municipal Integrity activity is to addresses long-standing challenges related to corruption and poor-quality service delivery by the Government of Kosovo by enhancing public financial management (PFM), with a focus on municipal procurement, and by reinforcing accountability mechanisms both within government and outside of government through civil society, the private sector, and media.
The four objectives of this activity are:
1. National accountability agencies provide more effective and coordinated financial oversight.
2. Governments increase use of good practices in budget planning, public procurement, and contract management.
3. Government advances norms and practices that support internal audit and accountability.
4. Civil society, media, and the private sector improve the integrity of public and private sector actors in public procurement.
2. Role’s Purpose:
The Contract Management Advisor will be responsible for assisting the focus institutions in project/contract management processes with a focus on capital investment/construction projects. The Advisor will support Kosovo institutions by providing coaching and mentoring and by introducing mechanisms enabling more effective project and contract management.
- Manage/oversee municipal implementation activities in coordination with the Municipal Procurement and Contract Management Lead and Objective Two and Three Lead.
- Coach, mentor, and contribute to the design of capacity building efforts with relevant staff at focus institutions and project team under the leadership of the Municipal Procurement and Contract Management Lead and Objective Two Lead.
- Maintain awareness of political economy and systems in focus institutions to support customized solutions.
- Increase capacity of officials in the focus institutions to manage the project cycle with focus on contract management.
- Provide on-the-job support in project and contract management for focus institutions and usage of contract management and past performance e-platform modules.
- Provide on-the-job support for improving technical specifications.
- Support to the staff of the focus institutions in behaving ethically to reduce corruption.
- Contribute to and oversee monitoring and evaluation of public project implementations, including data collection and analysis, in focus institutions.
- Assist focus institutions in procedures and guidance considering internal and external audit recommendations related technical specifications and contract management and addressing advice.
- Provide input and write project reports and success stories for assigned institutions or technical areas.
- Provide input or develop mechanisms (forms/templates/SOP, etc.) related public project management cycle.
- Collaborate with the project team to identify successes and challenges in technical activities.
- Provide recommendations on needed expert short-term technical assistance (STTA) on an on-demand basis.
- Promote knowledge sharing and foster collaboration across focus institutions.
- Support data collection, adaptive management, and M&E, as needed.
- Other relevant tasks upon request.
- University degree - master’s degree in a related field.
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience in the field of design, construction, and project management or managing public procurement contract.
- Experience/Knowledge on public sector legislation related to project management and procurement. Expertise in construction project management preferred.
- Experience in drafting technical specification and project designs.
- Experience on public procurement on the use of the e-procurement platform, including contract management and past performance modules, preferred.
- Proven experience in coaching, mentoring, and capacity building in related fields preferred.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of stakeholders, partners, project staff and public.
- Good management, analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Experience with USAID or other donor organizations preferred.
- Fluency in Albanian required; English and Serbian proficiency preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
This position will report to the Municipal Procurement and Contract Management Lead.
Applicants are requested to submit their CVs to the following email account: [email protected] ,under the title “Contract Management Advisor ”.