Solidar Suisse fights for decent work, democratic participation, and social justice worldwide. On behalf of our donors, we put solidarity into action in over 60 projects on four continents. In Southeast Europe, Solidar Suisse seeks to strengthen civic participation and workers’ rights.
To complement our competent team in the Regional Office in Kosovo we are looking for a
Project Officer 100% (Democratization & Civic Participation)
As a Project Officer, your primary responsibilities will include supporting the implementation of the “Let’s Debate Change” project. You will work closely with the project team to ensure the successful execution of the project and promote youth participation in decision-making processes. Additionally, you will contribute to enhancing the project's visibility and outreach.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with targeted municipalities, which includes drafting MoUs and managing co-funding arrangements.
- Perform the oversight of debate club establishment within schools, involving member recruitment, necessary personnel coordination, and maintaining regular contact until the end of the project.
- Oversee Youth Field Officersand Young Leaders.
- Facilitate kick-offmeetings with debate clubs, with a focus on projecttimelines, regulations, and agenda modifications.
- Coordinate meetingsbetween debate club representatives and municipal authorities to foster collaboration.
- Facilitate the development of Local Improvement Position Papers, with an emphasison aiding in issue assessment and intervention planning.
- Coordinate in organizing instructional sessions on effective debating and the selection of debate topics.
- Organize debate camps to empower participants in persuasive articulation and project planning.
- Offer supportfor the implementation of Local Improvement Projectsderived from Local Improvement Position Papers.
- Oversee the development and accessibility of an e-learning course on debating.
- Identify and draft success stories related to the project's impact and outcomes.
- Perform other related duties, as required;
- A bachelor's degree in a relevant field, such as project management, social sciences, business administration, or a related discipline.
- Experience in project management, preferably in (NGO/INGO) sector with a focus on youth engagement, cooperation with national and local stakeholders, community development, or related projects.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills, including the ability to manage project documentation, schedules, and communication effectively.
- Ability to work collaboratively with project teams, partners, and stakeholders, demonstrating a willingness to assist and support as needed.
- Problem-solving skills to help address challenges that may arise during project implementation.
- Willingness in overseeing and coordinating projectpersonnel, such as field officersand youth leaders, under the guidance of the Project Manager.
- Familiarity with basic software tools for data management, document preparation, and project tracking.
- The abilityto adapt to evolving project needs and assist with various aspectsof project management.
- Ability to driveand valid drivinglicense: B
- Excellent written and spoken Englishand Serbian languageskills.
- An interesting, wide-ranging field of activity in a lively organization with a lot of dynamism and an open organizational culture.
- Progressive employment conditions.
- Workplace in a central locationin the city of Peja/Peć, with a flexibleworking schedule and the possibility of commuting to targeted municipalities (Peja/Peć, Deçan/Dećani, Istog/k, Klinë/a, Fushë Kosovë/Kosovo Polje and Obliq/ć).
We are an equal-opportunity employer and welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage candidates from minority groups to apply.
If you are enthusiastic about this challenging job in a motivated team, we look forward to receiving your application (CV preferably EU Pass and Motivation Letter). Please send your application by e-mail by at the latest to 24 November 2023 at 17:00 on hr@solidar-suisse- kos.org
Note: No phone calls are allowedduring the application process. All inquiries and applications should be submitted as specified in the vacancy announcement.