Employer: Norwegian People s Aid - Kosovo
Deadline for applications: Thursday, February 15, 2024
Contract Period: until 31 December 2024 (renewable depending on donor funding)
Full time position
Salary: As per NPA Salary Scale
Location: Prishtina, with travel to other areas as required
The Finance Assistant is responsible for assisting office financial activities; verifying and reconciling office finances while ensuring compliance within legal and organizational guidelines. She/he will ensure applying sound principles of accounting control procedures and recording all financial information and data.
- Responsible for quality and timely day-to-day accountancy operations: payments control and preparation, ensuring that NPA payments templates are used and signed and that vouchers have all the needed supporting documents.
- Responsible for electronic data-entry of all Bank and Cash vouchers.
- Act as a liaison with support department for any issue related to payments.
- Ensuring that authorized signatories sign on the vouchers.
- Ensure that adequate financial management routines and systems are in place, and that NPA’s accounting practices and standards are adhered to, and in accordance with requirements from donors, auditors and authorities: especially purchasing, authentication and payment procedures.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document all project transactions and resolve accounting discrepancies.
- Maintain and coordinate the implementation of standardized accounting control policies and procedures.
- Perform monthly cash reconciliations (Cash and Bank) to ensure accuracy in cash management system.
- Assist the internal and external Auditors to perform initial financial department audits to ensure accuracy.
- Assist the FM with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances.
- Assist with other tasks of Pristina Office when requested by FM.
- Assist with preparing Governmental Requirements (tax declarations and reporting, TAK declarations and settlements, and VAT reimbursement).
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls.
- Assist in performing total balance reconciliation on monthly basis.
- Ensure relevant, timely and accurate financial reports.
- Assists FM to meet the financial reporting deadlines.
- Assist FM in preparing financial reports on utilization of grants from external donors, as they are required (including original receipts, tenders, exchange rates, etc.).
- Assist FM to support the external auditor to ensure timely audit report statements.
- Assist FM to prepare cash flow forecasts and expenditure projections to each project.
- Ensure the presence of adequate controls over cash and bank holdings.
- Oversee the proper protection and recording of NPA’s programme assets.
- Recommend, develop and maintain the protection and backup of financial data bases, reports and receipts and an adequate filing system.
- Responsible to file properly all financial documentation according to guidelines.
- Should upload all electronic filing on the specified folder on SharePoint.
- Responsible to maintain physical and electronic Finance data filing and backup.
Perform other duties as assigned by line manager.
Would be an advantage:
- Relevant education, preferably University graduate level on Finance and Accounting or other relevant field.
- Minimum two (2) years professional experience on Finance and Accounting.
- Good experience in accounting systems and software. Experience in using Agresso is an advantage.
- Good understanding of the Kosovar Accounting principles.
- Knowledge of Income Tax and other Kosovo Tax Administration procedures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and software.
- Good communications and coordination skills.
- Ability to work independently, and in a dynamic team.
- Good analytic and innovative skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural setting.
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to diverse and complex work culture environments is necessary
- Good English and Albanian language skills, both written and verbally, Serbian language is an advantage.
- HR and admin functions is also part of the job.
CV with a Cover letter in PDF format, outlining the candidate’s motivation and competencies, and having the name of the candidate should be sent with the email subject “Finance Assistant Job Application” to [email protected] with copy to [email protected] no later than Thursday, February 15th, 2024.
Applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified of the exact time and place of the interview individually.