As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward-looking solutions for political, economic, ecological, and social development in a globalized world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. For more information about GIZ see www.giz.de
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, the Kosovo Energy Project is seeking to fill the position of:
(Support to the Energy Project on implementation of activities and communication)
The overall purpose of the assignment
The intern will actively assist in the development and implementation of the communication and visibility plan for the project. He/She will be responsible for assisting with the selection, production and publication of communication materials for the project and our partners to enhance the visibility of the activities with our partners. Further to that, the intern will continuously support the project team leader and its advisors on other activities on demand. The internship will also be an opportunity for the intern to gain hands-on experience in the topics covered by the project.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Assist the project on collection, preparation and communication with the partners on different campaigns,
- Assist the project with communication processes within GIZ guidelines,
- Assist the team on the Monitoring and Evaluation for data collection,
- Research and propose new innovative tools and methods to enhance the project’s visibility,
- Support the project in the coordination and communication with the partner institutions/counterparts,
- Assist in content preparation for the workshops and trainings in Kosovo,
- Take minutes during work meetings and events,
- Perform other tasks at the request of the supervisor.
Required qualifications, competencies and experience
- Student or recent graduate not more than 6 months ago in the field of economics, business management, communications, marketing, International relations, or a related field
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good knowledge of English
- Good working knowledge of computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Basic knowledge of the energy sector and Kosovo state structures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ethics, integrity, reliability and confidentiality
- Friendly and helpful attitude; good interpersonal skills and service orientation.
Location: GIZ Office Pristina
Expected start date: 1st of February 2024
Duration: The internship will last 6months
This is a full-time internship (8 hrs per day, 40 hrs per week)
How to apply?
Interested and, suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English, in PDF version, to [email protected]
- CV (Europass template is recommended)
- Letter of motivation
- Diploma or confirmation of ongoing studies, references/recommendations (if in possession)
- Exclusively to ensure transparency and avoid any potential conflict of interest, please provide the name(s) of any individuals who are related to you or you may know that have either previously worked for or are currently employed by GIZ, to the best of your knowledge (GIZ, in this case, will act in accordance with Article 13 of the Law No. 06/L –082 on Protection of Personal Data)
- Subject of the email: Name & Surname – Local Intern – KEP
Applications that do not meet these rules will not be considered!
Deadline for the application: 30th of November 2023.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic communities, and candidates with a disability to apply.
*Disclaimer Data Privacy
GIZ is committed to ensuring the security and protection of the personal information we process.
Declaration of Consent
You agree that your personal data will be used for the purpose of the recruitment process, only. The information will only be accessed by recruitment staff and panel members. You understand that your data will be held securely and will not be distributed to third parties. You have a right to change or access your information. You understand that your personal data will be deleted after six months when this information is no longer required for this purpose.